Celebrate National Bike Month all-May-long with the release of Pedal Pusher IPA and Smartmouth’s award-winning game of Bike Bingo! Ready to ride? 🚴🏾♂️ The rules have changed a little this year, so read on for more information on how to play.
how to play
- 1. Swing by our NFK or VB tasting room to grab a 4-pack of this soft, tropical bike-inspired brew and collect your official Pedal Pusher Bingo Card.
- 2. Follow us on Instagram @smartmouthbeer and stay tuned to see the weekly mystery clues reveal themselves. 🤫
- 3. As you complete each clue, mark them on your bingo board and take photos of your adventures. (Extra points for including a can of Pedal Pusher IPA or Smartmouth swag!)
- 4. Grab your bike and a camera to photograph yourself completing each clue on the board. Once you score a BINGO (5 clues in a row – horizontally, vertically or diagonally) post the 5 adventures on your main feed (not story!) on Instagram. (Bingo posts can be either: one carousel post with 5 slides (one photo for each clue) or a collection of individual posts for each clue.)
- 5. Make sure to use the tags: @smartmouthbeer, @ertnorfolk, and @localbikeshopnfk AND #pedalpusherbingo for each BINGO entry.
how to win
- The player with the most bingo entries wins the Grand Prize! If more than one player ties, entries will be chosen at random for gold, silver, and bronze.
- ● GRAND PRIZE: Smartmouth Inner Circle Membership (a $200 value) + 1 Local Bike Shop NFK Pit-Stop Pass & 60 minute tune-up
- ● GOLD WINNER: $100 gift card + FREE 60 minutes tune-up at Local Bike Shop NFK
- ● SILVER WINNER: $75 gift card + FREE 45 minutes tune-up at Local Bike Shop NFK
- ● BRONZE WINNER: $50 gift card + FREE 30 minutes tune-up at Local Bike Shop NFK
- ✓ Increase your chances of winning and go for a “Bingo Blackout” by completing all of the clues (up to 12 unique bingo entries!)
- ✓ Check out the links at the bottom of the page for maps and other helpful resources.
- ✓ Check out last year’s clue pics and get insider hints by following the hashtag #pedalpusherbingo
dates to know
- ➔ Friday, 4/29: Pedal Pusher IPA Can & Bingo Board Release (NFK + VB)
- ➔ Sunday, 5/1: Pedal Pusher Bingo begins!
- ➔ Sunday 5/8, 5/15 and 5/22: Mystery clues announced on Instagram
- ➔ Tuesday, 5/31: Pedal Pusher Bingo ends & entries due by 11:59 PM EST.
- ➔ Friday, 6/3: Bike Bingo Winners announced on Instagram 🥳
bingo clue tips & hints
There’s only so much info we can put in these teeny squares, so here’s an explanation of each clue along with some helpful hints to help you complete your spots:
Mystery Adventures: Stay tuned to @smartmouthbeer on Mystery Adventure reveal dates for details on how to solve the 4 mystery clues.
Beer Run: Swing by the tasting rooms on these release dates to collect our newest brews. Add a picture of your visit and your new acquisition to your post.
#BikeSquad: Take a group photo with your cycling crew. The more, the merrier!
Fix-it Up: Ride along 10.5 miles of Norfolk’s waterfront on the Elizabeth River Trail and find two repair stations along the way. Hint: Check out the ERT Interactive Trail Map (elizabethrivertrail.org/map) to find stations!
Pup-arazzi: Snap a picture with a furry friend, but don’t forget to include your bike or a can of Pedal Pusher IPA.
Taco Tuesday: Come by any Tuesday in May for tacos from Norfolk’s Ghost Kitchen food truck and a weekly rotating guest truck in Virginia Beach. (See our website calendar for more info!)
Safety First: Protect that precious noggin. Show off your helmet and any other safety gear you ride with.
Gravel Grinder: Get down and dirty on an off-road trail! Need help finding some dirt? Try: Indian River Park Trail, First Landing State Park, Northside Park, or the Dismal Swamp Trail.
River Runs Through: Spot the river while riding off road at First Landing State Park! The Cape Henry trail is a 6 mile long, wide, well worn sand road designed as an out and back route at First Landing State Park. Hot tip: The trail can be accessed from the Trail Center in the northern section of the park or from the Narrows at the southern 64th Street entrance.
Local Bike Shop Love: Visit your favorite local bike shop in town and snap a selfie of you high fiving a mechanic!
Ridin’ High: Ride the highest bike lane in Norfolk! The Jordan Bridge has a protected lane for pedestrians and cyclists that allows you to bike 169 FEET in the air! Hot tip: Park at the Elizabeth River Park and enter the path from underneath the bridge on Truxton Street.
Bike the Boardwalk: Ride the dedicated bike path that stretches 3 miles along the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. Work up an appetite, then cool down with a brew at Smartmouth’s Pilot House on 32nd and Pacific.
Tour De Moonlight: Safety first! Throw some lights on your bike and ride after the sun has gone down.
Local Art Hunt: Take a cycling photoshoot next to your favorite mural or sculpture! Some of our favorite local spots include: ViBe Creative District in VB, Neon District in NFK, or the The Chrysler Museum Sculpture Garden.
100 Mile Challenge: Can you ride 100 miles during the month of May? Download Strava to log your miles within this month, once you hit that goal, post a screenshot of your app!
Keep it Casual: Join Local Bike Shop NFK for their leisurely Super Casual Ride every Wednesday at 6:30PM. The ride will be about an hour long at a comfortable cruise-style pace. Learn how to navigate Norfolk’s bike lanes and trails on a bike before ending at Smartmouth NFK for a well deserved pint!
Play Ball: Baseball Season is here! Ride your bike to Harbor Park to catch one of 13 Tides home games during the month of May. (Hint: Save the date for Bikes, Brews & Baseball on Friday, May 13, 5:30pm. Follow @localbikeshopnfk for more info on this event.)
Breakfast of Champions: Fuel up at your favorite breakfast or brunch spot.
Elizabeth River Trail The Elizabeth River Trail stretches 10.5 miles along Norfolk’s iconic waterfront. Bike through for Norfolk’s best views and historic sites, and find more to explore along the way!
- Local Bike Shop NFK Local Bike Shop NFK is an open-concept, community-oriented bike workshop offering full-service bike repairs, custom vintage & new bike builds, and bike-friendly events!
learn more about biking in Hampton Roads!
Check out the links below – they may even help you solve a couple of bingo clues. 😉