The health and well-being of our customers, staff, and community is our top priority. We have been taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our customers by enhancing our already stringent cleaning procedures and following the CDC’s best practices for COVID-19 prevention.
We appreciate all who are doing their part to flatten the curve and those who have shown their support for local and independent businesses while we continue to weather this storm. Stay tuned for updates, and know that we appreciate your patience while we continue to adapt to these challenging circumstances.
To everyone fighting the good fight out there – we support you and send our love. We have no doubt we will emerge from this tremendously difficult time stronger and more united as a community.
Stay safe and beer well. 💛Smartmouth Brewing
Currently observing phase 3 of reopening:
The inside of our tasting rooms are open at reduced capacity. We are asking all our guests to wear masks while not sitting at a table with their party. If you don’t have one, we can provide you with one. It is for our protection as much as yours. We want our staff to be exposed to outside germs as little as possible and ask that you help us keep them safe. We are creating plenty of distance between tables, and continuing our enhanced cleaning procedures. We look forward to each step towards normalcy and are committed to providing a safe, clean, and comfortable space for those who are ready to enjoy a pint with us!
These guidelines have been put in place to protect you, our other patrons, and our employees. Please enjoy your visit and stay safe while helping us to do the same!
- + Flatten the Curve. Our employees will continue to be symptom checked before work each day. If you are sick, have any symptoms of the virus, or have been recently exposed to COVID-19, please stay home and join us when you are feeling better.
- + Max. Capacity. No parties larger than 8 people will be seated together. In order to make everyone feel as safe as possible, we’ve determined a maximum capacity of 50 patrons at this time.
- + Face Masks. Our service employees are required to wear face coverings. We ask that all our guests wear masks while not seated at your table. If you don’t have one, we will provide you with one.
- + Helping Hands. All service employees are trained to follow CDC hand-washing guidelines and OSHA sanitation guidelines. Please wash and sanitize your hands regularly, or use the sanitation stations that we have provided for you on-site.
- + Keep It Clean. Tables, bar areas, and all common areas will be cleaned and sanitized regularly. Please notify our team of any sanitary needs or concerns. Please dispose of cups, trash, and all personal belongings when leaving your table.
- + Drinkware. Only new containers, growlers, and crowlers will be filled. No used containers will be refilled. Only disposable cups will be provided on-premise. While we regret the environmental impact of single-use cups, we believe this to be the safest option for our staff and customers at this time.
- + Give Space. Social distancing regulations of 6-ft. will be strictly enforced. This includes all seating, tables, and lines inside/outside. Please remain at your table unless you are in line for beer or restrooms.
- + Kids are cool and all, but… for the safety of your children and our guests, we recommend leaving your youngsters at home (after all – you deserve a break, am I right?) If children accompany you on your visit, they must remain at the table with you and supervised at all times. (Sorry, kids – no horseplay!)
Whew! That’s enough of that. Stay safe and see you soon, beer fans! 🍻
- Our Virginia Beach and Norfolk tasting rooms will be open every day to sell packaged beer for your off-site enjoyment. Pre-order online for contactless pickup at either location!
Local Deliveries* (available every day)
*Locations within 5 miles of our Norfolk & Virginia Beach Tasting Rooms
+ Orders placed by 5:00 pm, will receive same-day delivery.
+ Delivery for orders placed after 5:00 pm will occur the following day.
+ Our current draft offerings will also be available for sale in 32 oz. crowlers and NEW growlers. (See the updated listing on our BEERS page.)
+ We’ll be limiting physical interaction during these purchases to keep you and our staff safe. (Please note that we’ll be accepting credit/electronic payments only.)
+ Gift cards will be for sale for future tasting room visits.