- This event has passed.
Lupulin Effect – IPA Festival
April 27 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Lupulin is the active ingredient in hops. Hops are the driving ingredient in IPAs. IPAs are our favorite part of beer festivals, ergo, Smartmouth’s IPA Festival.
Yes, we’re going all in on this mighty plant from the Cannabaceae family with several different IPAs, just waiting to get in your head. Enjoy new creations and well-crafted standards from Smartmouth and several of your favorite Virginia breweries.
Event will be held at in Norfolk on Saturday, April 27 from 1-6pm.
– Custom 12oz. Lupulin Effect glass
– Unlimited 5oz IPA tastings
– Ability to purchase $5 12oz. pour of any IPA available, while supplies last
$30 in advance / $35 at the door – squareup.com/store/smartmouth
- THREE collaborations:
• TEXT & WAIT • DIPA brewed with Citra and Huell Melon hops, fermented with Norwegian Kviek yeast. Brewed at the Pilot House with Hardywood Park Craft Brewery
- • NAMING BEERS IS HARD • DIPA brewed with Citra and El Dorado hops. Fermented with our house Hefeweizen yeast and our house NE IPA yeast. Brewed at the Pilot House with Big Ugly Brewing
- • THE LUPULIN EFFECT • IPA brewed with Citra and Rakau hops. This one is a juice bomb. Brewed at our Norfolk Headquarters with Basic City Beer Co. and will be also available for purchase at the Lupulin Effect IPA Festival in 16oz cans.
And GUEST breweries… some styles still TBD but all will be represented:
Basic City Beer Co. • TASMANTIS •
Benchtop Brewing Company – SOFT CRASH IPA
The Bold Mariner Brewing Company • C.P.O •
Big Ugly Brewing • IMPERIAL LEAF PEEPERS •
Final Gravity Brewing Co. – TBD
Hardywood Park Craft Brewery • EDELGEIST •
O’Connor Brewing Co.- TBD
Precarious Beer Project- TBD
Reaver Beach Brewing Co. • VULTURE •
Trapezium Brewing Company • LUCKY 46 •
The Veil Brewing Co. – TBD
FOOD TRUCK LINE-UP
Hangry’s Food Truck will be on site
Very cool collector’s t-shirts will be available for sale